As a follow up to a database we put together from a wedding expo in 2016 I emailed through some quick tips to keep in mind when it comes to their Sydney wedding photography and figured I would showcase it here in the first blog post for The Wedding Local. The feedback I received was a bit of a surprise to be honest as I put it all together thinking it would have been reasonably common knowledge and bride’s and groom’s would have been hearing most (if not all) of it from every wedding photographer they spoke to but apparently not.
So in short, here is a quick guide of what photographing 650 plus weddings since the late 1990s has taught yours truly…….
- A person’s general wedding experience is just as critical as their professional photography experience
- It is about quality, not quantity! Quality, not quantity, of photographer, of photograph, of artwork
- This is not just a chance to tell your wedding/love story but also an opportunity to creatively capture your life story, ie: everyone near & dear to you will be in the same place at the same time
- The photographic opportunities will be literally endless – plan to get the best lighting, people, timing & locations
- Remember every photograph should be about having fun & showcasing fun! Encourage & photograph that first, EVERY time!
- This is not just an opportunity to photograph your wedding but a chance to photograph your family & friends, the places, the love, the history, the story – everything!
- The idea is to make the job of choosing a favourite photograph as difficult as possible! Don’t just get a few great images, you should receive hundreds!
- Meet your photographer! Know who they are, their experience, their quality. Are they a person who’s company you will enjoy hour after hour?
So there you go, if you would like to know more about the endless photographic potential your wedding will have not to mention make use of the benefits gained from personally photographing 650+ weddings call me (aka Dale/yours truly) at the studio on 02 9482 4838 or personally on the mobile at 0404 010 922.
Hope that helps.
Click here to learn more about Dale and DC Images with ‘The Wedding Local’.